Maryland Life Sciences Hosts Sold-Out 2022 Bio Innovation Conference.
FREDERICK, Md, October 06, 2022 – Maryland Life Sciences, a division of the Maryland Tech Council, hosted the successful 2022 Bio Innovation Conference October 3-4 in Bethesda, Maryland. In addition to a sold-out audience, the conference featured more than 50 industry-leading speakers, 15 panel discussions and fireside chats exploring pressing industry topics, six networking opportunities, record-breaking participation in the BIO One-on-One Partnering system, three international delegations, 7,000 attendees joining live digitally, and thousands more watching the recording.
The Bio Innovation Conference is Maryland’s premiere forum for life science professionals from industry, academia, and government to exchange ideas, make new professional connections, and explore trends in the industry.
Panel discussions included:
- Innovating at the National Institutes of Health and Establishing ARPA-H (Keynote Address)
- Expanding the Boundaries of Cell and Gene Therapy
- Factors Impacting Patient Access to Cell and Gene Therapies
- Keys to Expanding a Diverse Talent in Workforce Development
- The Shift to Endemic: Living Alongside COVID-19
- Emerging Vaccine Opportunities in Modulating the Immune System
- Fireside Discussion – Advanced Biomanufacturing: The Patient Focus
- Automation in Biomanufacturing
- Business of Bio Workshop A – Maximizing Government Non-Dilutive Funding Programs
- Workforce Readiness
- Business of Bio Workshop B – Improving Biotech Company Value
- Inclusion, Retention, and Advancement
- Business of Bio Workshop C – Raising Capital
“We are deeply grateful to our sponsors, speakers, and attendees for making the Bio Innovation Conference the region’s must-attend forum for life science professionals,” said Brad L. Stewart, Chair of Maryland Life Sciences. “Each year, attendees leave the Bio Innovation Conference more knowledgeable, more networked, and more prepared to expand the frontiers of life science innovation in Maryland.”
The Maryland Life Sciences, a division of the Maryland Tech Council, is a collaborative community, actively engaged in building stronger life sciences companies by supporting the efforts of our individual members who are saving and improving lives through innovation.